That's right, we're TEAM BLUE! :)
Blake went and bought me a giftcard to an adorable little ultrasound place in the Heights called Precious Glance. This was a Christmas gift to me because neither of us could stand to wait till 20 weeks to find out (which is when the OB requires me to get an Anatomy Scan). Precious Glance requires you to be 16 weeks pregnant to come in for an elective ultrasound to determine the sex of your baby, so what did I do? Scheduled my appointment for 16 weeks and 1 day, of course!
We went in on Friday, 1/14 when I was 16w1d pregnant. The tech began the ultrasound, and within minutes our baby was showing us the goods! The lady had NO trouble finding his "parts", and she quickly told us that we are having a baby boy! At first I was completely shocked!! I was 100% positive that I was having a girl. According to all of the old-wives tales, the baby inside of me was a GIRL, but the ultrasound quickly revealed that I was dead wrong!
I have never seen Blake smile so much in my life. He thought he was never going to get his little boy... but now we know that 6 months from now our STUD of a son will be joining us! We were so sure that it was a girl that we had NO ideas for boy names. We did have a long list of potential names, but none of them were sticking. On Saturday I told Blake his assignment was to figure out the perfect name while I was at work...
After much research and digging, Blake came up with a name that he was obsessed with: Briggs. I wasn't sold at first, but it started to grow on me. By Sunday we both decided that our son will be named Briggs Sterling Searcy! He gets his daddy's middle name :)
Here's the first pair of shoes I bought Briggs. Couldn't resist :)

No comments:
Post a Comment