8am arrival. 8:15 they instructed me to take a Valium and an 800mg Ibuprofen, and then we changed into our surgical outfits.
Finally it was 8:30am and Dr. Haddad arrived to have a brief consult with us about our embryos. He brought us pictures of the two best embies and said they were perfect! Those were the 2 that would be transferred into my uterus, and hopefully one or both of them would soon become our little miracles. They moved me into the operating room and this time Blake got to join us. Everything happens very quickly. I am awake for this procedure and we get to watch the whole thing on an ultrasound monitor. They get me all set up, the Doctor gets to work, and within minutes the Embryologist swoops in with our 2 Embryos in a catheter. Next thing we know...they're in! Easy as that.
For now, I am pregnant until proven otherwise! I continue on some medications that will help keep my hormones up and I am on mandatory bedrest for 72 hours. Bedrest should be a breeze for me because I LOVE laying around and Blake always takes good care of me. Hardest thing now is the dreaded 2 week wait...and so it begins.
Stay tuned to find out if we will get our miracle... For now, here's a picture of me with my 2 beautiful embryo babies. The dominant one in each picture are the two that he transferred.
Also, we were lucky enough to have 9 blastocysts that made it far enough to be cryopreserved, or frozen. Should we be unsuccessful, or simply decide to have more kids down the road, we can use our snowbabies!


No comments:
Post a Comment