Friday, October 29, 2010

First Ultrasound 10/29

It looks like we have one beautiful singleton baby! We are thrilled! We are so grateful to have the opportunity to have a little bundle of joy in our arms in 8 months. This has not been an easy road for us, but we are quickly realizing that everything DOES happen for a reason, and we got the chance to go through this incredible experience where we were fortunate enough to witness every single step of the development of our future child.

This all started with injections and drugs to grow my follicles which house my eggs, to egg retrieval then fertilization, to growing them in an incubator in the lab, to transferring our 2 best embryos into my uterus, to now - where we get to see the very beginning stages of our developing fetus! In a normal pregnancy you do not get to witness these things. For this reason, we feel truly blessed. It hasn't been easy, but it's been MORE than worth it.

Today I am 5 weeks, 1 day pregnant. Here is the picture of our baby. I think it looks like Blake :)

The small black circle is the "baby", but right now it's just a Gestational Sac with a Yolk.

Our next appointment is Tuesday 11/2! Update coming soon. Thank you everyone for your love and support. We realize that we are still in the very early stages of pregnancy and we must proceed with caution, but we are so excited and can't wait to start this next chapter of our lives together.

1 comment:

  1. just catching up and reading your blog. I so want to take a HPT but I am scared, I am only 3dp3dt and it is probably way too early. I am so scared this won't work. I did want to wish you a congrats on your heartbeat hearing!!!!!

    one-good-egg.blogspot.com
    married2mrpooh (on the bump)

    ReplyDelete